Kindergarten Round-up will be held on March. 21, 2013. Our kindergarten teacher for 2013-2014 is Mrs. Heidi Carswell.
For more information or to request a tour call (715) 392-2976.
Cathedral School offers an exceptional kindergarten program to children who are five years old by September 1st of the year the child is enrolled in kindergarten.
Your child will attend all day, every day kindergarten. The school day runs from 8:05 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
Our curriculum is planned to provide pupils with a better understanding of the world in which we live. Our units of study involve math, social studies, geography, science, art, music, language arts in a single, fused, and very flexible program.
Your kindergartner will have the opportunity to:
- Learn to work, play, and share with others
- Become more aware of the world around him/her
- Grow in ability to think and play for himself/herself
- Be introduced to solving problems
- Learn to follow directions
- Develop better listening habits
- Increase his/her vocabulary
- Become aware of and learn printed words
- Improve his/her muscular coordination
- Participate in rhythmic activities
- Learn to sing songs
- Learn to express himself/herself through music, art, dramatic play, and speech
- Learn to use paints, scissors, crayons, brushes, and other materials
- Learn to count and recognize numerals 1-30+
- Learn to write numbers
- Learn about letters and their sounds
- Practice good health and safety habits
*A more detailed curriculum is available in the school office.